Effective Date: 10/13/21
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us. This information includes things like:
- Contact Information: such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or username and password, if you choose to create them.
- Transaction Information: such as credit or debit card information, address and other information related to a billing or payment transaction, including things like information submitted to schedule an appointment and register for appointment reminders.
- Customer Services and Other Inquiries: such as questions or comments you submit through online forms, email, text or phone. For instance, if you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and or keep summaries or notes of the call.
We also collect other information online automatically when you visit our websites or applications. This information includes things like:
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, operating system, device types and device IDs or advertising identifiers.
- Usage Information: such as your browsing activity while on our websites or applications, what pages you visit and what you click, forms you complete or start to complete, search terms you use, whether you open emails and interact with content, access times, error logs and similar information.
- “Cookies” Information: When you visit our website, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review check your web browser settings to modify your cookie settings or remove existing cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of the functionality and site offerings available via our website.
You may opt out of the collection and use of information for advertisement targeting, at any time. To opt out, please email your request to [email protected]ngsupport.com.
We may also receive information about you from others, such as the health care professionals and laboratories with which we work. This information includes things like:
- Your test results and information related to your test.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your personal information as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was provided. More specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the services and products you request or that have been ordered or requested on your behalf;
- process or collect payments for our services; and
- respond to your questions and otherwise provide support you request.
We may also use your personal information to:
- audit and measure user interaction with our websites, so we can improve the relevancy or effectiveness of our content and messaging;
- develop and carry out marketing, advertising and analytics;
- contact you with information about our products or services;
- detect security incidents or monitor for fraudulent or illegal activity;
- identify and repair errors on our website;
- comply with laws, regulations or other legal process;
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect as described below. When we share information, either within our company or with others, we require that recipients maintain similar protections for your protection as that provided by Testing Solutions.
- Within Testing Solutions: We may share your personal information with other business entities owned or managed by Testing Solutions.
- Service Providers/Vendors/Third Parties: We work with health care professionals, laboratories, customer service providers, and others to manage or support our business operations and services. We may share your personal information with these entities, which may be located outside of the United States.
- For Legal Purposes: We may disclose relevant information as may be necessary or required for legal, compliance or regulatory purposes. For example, this includes disclosures required to respond to authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; enforce/protect the rights and properties of Testing Solutions or its subsidiaries.
- For Corporate Transactions: From time to time we sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses. Those corporate restructuring situations may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers.
- With Your Consent: We may also share information about you with third parties if we ask you, and you provide, consent to such sharing.
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
When you use our website or services, we may collect, use, and share certain individually identifiable health information about you that is protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This information is known as “protected health information” (PHI) and includes information relating to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, the provision of health care to you, or the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to you. Examples of documents that may contain PHI include laboratory test orders, test results and invoices.
Those who must comply with HIPAA are often called “covered entities.” Although Testing Solutions is not a covered entity under HIPAA, we may perform certain functions and activities on behalf of covered entities, such as the provision of management and administrative services. When we handle your PHI, we may do so as a “business associate” of a covered entity. When we act as a business associate, we may be subject to certain laws and regulations, including certain HIPAA rules, that govern the use and disclosure of PHI. To the extent we are subject to any such rules and regulations, we are committed to complying with them in order to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your PHI.
By using our website or services, you authorize us to disclose your PHI as follows:
- To laboratories for the purposes of facilitating COVID-19 testing;
- To authorized healthcare professionals who order tests or need access to your protected health information for treatment purposes;
- To entities such as health plans, insurance companies, and government agencies for the purposes of billing and payment (if you are insured under another person’s health insurance policy, we may also send invoices to the subscriber whose policy covers your health services);
- To companies and individuals that need it to provide services to us, such as billing, collections, courier, or record storage services;
- To a family member, friend, caregiver or other individual involved in your healthcare or payment for your healthcare, if you do not object or if in our professional judgment we believe that you do not object;
- As required by law.
In addition, if your COVID-19 test was arranged for by an employer or another organization, you authorize us to disclose your PHI to any such employer or organization.
If you revoke your authorization, we will no longer use or disclose your PHI except to the extent we have already taken action based on your authorization.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Although no method of electronic storage or transmission is 100% secure, we take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information and make sure it is not inappropriately accessed, used, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS TESTING SOLUTIONS AND ALL PERSONS WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION FROM ALL LIABILITY AND CLAIM FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS, USE, DISCLOSURE, ALTERATION, OR DESTRUCTION OF YOUR PERSONAL OR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES WERE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF TESTING SOLUTIONS; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT APPLY TO DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE BAD FAITH OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF THE TESTING SOLUTIONS OR THE PERSONS WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.